Sailing the 5 Terre
Enjoy an unforgettable day sailing and exploring the famous “5 Terre” from a unique point of view….the picturesque area of coastline! Discover the breathtaking landscape with
dry-laid stone walls, winding paths, enchanting beaches between cliffs and
Whilst sailing our guests will have the chance to admire the charming villages of :
Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso, enjoying a glass of wine on board and a light snack.
- The departure will be from the port of Portovenere at 10 am.
As you approach, you’ll see homes, shops, and buildings that seem to defy gravity as they cling to the rocky terrain. So, too, do the terraced grape vineyards and olive orchards. Many of these towns are inaccessible by car, instead, train, boat and walking paths are the main modes of transportation.
- A couple of hours after departure the boat will stop in a beautiful spot, just in front of the 5 Terre, for some diving and swimming.
- After spending the morning sightseeing, you’ll be ready to sample some of
the delicious local cuisine in Vernazza scheduled approx. between 12 am and 1pm.
- In the afternoon there is some free time to either take the opportunity to shop
or simply take a stroll and discover the lovely narrow pathways leading
around the village.
On the way back the boat will sail between the two islands of Palmaria and Tino.
- The arrival at Portovenre is planned approx. for 06:30 pm.
In the case of adverse weather the excursion will be inside Poets Gulf and lunch provided at Portovenere or on the Palmaria Island just outside of Portovenere.
Length: 15 to 20 meters
Width: 4,20 to 5 meters
Cruise speed: 8 knots
Arrangement: 8 people to 14 people
For more information or bookings please contact:
(Italy) +39 338 581 7233 or (Aust) +61 417 338 796